Worthington Distribution and Richard Scholl will be at the ISC West in Las Vegas on Wednesday and Thursday. He will be handing out our new 2012 catalog in the HAI (18130), Lutron (15133), and Dakota Alert (20127) booths.
Our first Worthington University in 2012 has been scheduled for May 7 – 11, 2012. For 2012, Worthington University has been re-written and expanded from 4 days to 5. As always, our objective is to give the most complete hands-on training possible. We felt the only way to keep the same level of training and educate students on their complete opportunity was to extend the class to five days.
Here is a quick overview of the session:
May 7 – 11, 2012
8:00AM – 8:00PM Monday: Audio/Video/Communication
8:00AM – 8:00PM Tuesday: Security/CCTV
8:00AM – 8:00PM Wednesday: Lighting
8:00AM – 8:00PM Thursday: HAI
8:00AM – 12:00 Friday: Wiring and New Business Opportunities
As always, Worthington Distribution has worked hard to keep the cost of Worthington University as reasonable as possible. Even though we are extending class to 5 days we are able to keep the cost at $99 per company.
Check your mailbox for the 2012 Worthington catalog. If you are not an active Worthington Distribution customer, just give us a call (800-282-8864) or drop us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will be happy to send you a copy.
Included in this latest addition we have made some exciting changes.
● The Z-Wave section has been updated with all of the lock solutions from Kwikset, Balwin, Yale and Schlage. Thermostats from Trane, Evolve, 2GIG and RCS. Lighting from Leviton and Evolve, and controllers from MicasaVerde, Somfy, Square Connect and HomeSeer.
● A ZigBee HA Pro section has been added with products from HAI, Centralite, Somfy, Kwikset, Balwin, Yale.
● Lutron Radio Ra2 has been expanded and includes the new thermostat solutions
● The window treatment section has been completely re-written making pre-wire, specifying, and ordering easier.
● All of HAI’ latest products including Gen 3 HLC devices, Hi-Fi2 BlueTooth module, HTX2 and OmniBus lighting have been added.
● The KZ water valve has been updated to make integration with HAI easier. The new version allows the open/close outputs to be wired directly to HAI zones.
● Sonamba has been added as a solution for independent living. It features GSM support, Personal Emergency Response and integration with BlueTooth medical devices.
● New HD video solutions from Speco and EverFocus are amazing
● Russound has a number of new products including BlueTooth for RNET and ABUS, the DMS 3.1 media streamer, RDS tuner, half width amplifier and the AirGo outdoor speaker for AirPlay.
● For HDMI solutions we added Atlona. If you need to switch, amplify or expend HDMI, Atlona is the answer. Best of all, the switchers use ASCII commands making integration easier.
● CE Labs have excellent solutions for analog video as well as state-of-the-art digital signage players.
● Since announcing that Worthington Distribution is carrying iPort at the CES show, it has been very hot. Finally a great portable or wall mount solution for the iPad.
This is just a sampling of the exciting new items in the 2012 catalog. Be certain to get your copy today.
Both of these occupancy sensors are a great choice for specialized applications where it would not be desirable to have the lights turned OFF by an occupant utilizing the space. Applications include public restrooms, school restrooms, recreational rooms and mechanical rooms. Controllable load types include incandescent, fluorescent, and low-voltage lighting with electronic or magnetic ballasts.
The ODS10-IQ uses passive infrared (PIR) detection technology to monitor a room for occupancy.
The OSSMT is a dual technology coocpancy sensor, using both PIR and ultrasonic sensors. The combination provides maximum sensitivity and range in difficult spaces with irregular shaped rooms and partitions that can block the PIR field-of-view. A pair of U/S sensors will detect Doppler shifts caused by motion in a space preventing false OFF.
The session will be held at Electronic House Expo in Orlando, Florida on Thursday, March 15 from 11:30am-1:00pm in Room 330C.
HAI OmniPro II, Lumina Pro, Omni IIe, and Lumina all now support Z-Wave and ZigBee communicating locks. Worthington Distribution, HAI’s largest distributor, will be conducting a training on integrating locks from Baldwin, Kwikset, Schlage and Yale. The session will cover both Z-Wave and ZigBee technology, as well as the correct installation techniques. Each manufacture’s lock will be on display and integrated with an HAI OmniPro II.
2GIG Technologies is pleased to announce the new Firmware Update Cable for the Go!Control and TS1. The Firmware Update Cable along with the new Firmware Update Tool (for PC) will allow dealers to update the firmware in the Go!Control panel and TS1 keypad without incurring OvertheAir (OTA) update charges from Alarm.com.
2GIG-UPCBL1-CP: Firmware Update Cable For the Go!Control & TS1
Availability: Mid March
2GIG Technologies is pleased to announce the new Go!Control and TS1 Desktop Kits. These inexpensive and easy-to-install Desktop Kits offer new versatility to customers. Each Desktop Kit can be utilized at two different viewing angles allowing customers to place their security panels and keypads on a desk, kitchen counter, night stand, or any other flat surface.
2GIG-CP-DESK: GO!CONTROL DESKTOP KIT
2GIG-TS1-DESK: TS1 DESKTOP KIT
Availability: Mid March
The Worthington Distribution Test Lab received a valuable test instrument when John Reider of Intellipower sent a state-of-the-art Captain Morgan neon light. “So many dealers are worried about compact florescent and LED lamps, nobody is testing neon loads,” says Reider. “I just wanted to make certain that neon lighting receives adequate testing as well.”
This light will remain a permanent fixture in the lab not only because it is cool, but because Tom has been told it can’t come home!
Thanks John, it’s awesome!